Fire alarm systems are designed to protect your business or property from fire, but you can’t count on them if the systems are not maintained regularly. If you have fire alarm maintenance London, it ensures your system is working properly as it should be.
The best way to discover whether your system is in need of maintenance is to have it professionally tested. Inspection and maintenance by reputed company like ourselves can also help you cut down on expenses by preventing emergency repairs and costly false alarms that you haven’t included in your budget.
Regular fire alarm maintenance London ensures that it’s in compliance with NSI and European standards, as well as the local fire safety requirements and your insurance company’s fire alarm requirements.
Here are 6 reasons you should have fire alarm maintenance London:
1. Save Lives: Your fire alarm system won’t operate properly if it’s not maintained regularly. Inspection and testing is the only way you’ll find out if it’s not working the way it should.
2. Insurance Requirements: Your insurance carrier most likely won’t pay your fire-damage claim if you can’t show proof that you’ve had your system regularly tested and inspected.
3. Save Money: Your property insurance company might offer discounts if you can show proof of at least annual inspections.
4. State/Local Laws: Check with your local building department as well as fire inspectors to determine the legal requirements.
5. Lower Legal Costs:If your fire alarm system stops working and you have a fire on your business or property, you could be liable for huge lawsuits because of injuries suffered by employees, visitors or tenants to your facility.
6. Stop False Alarms: Regular inspection and testing can help ensure that your system doesn’t create false alarms that waste Fire Department time and resources.
Here’s another important tip: It’s the law and it’s required by the UK Fire Alarm Code. As a building or business owner, it’s very important for you to take all the necessary – and mandated – steps to save people’s lives. However, extensive annual testing must be done by a qualified state licensed professional like ourselves.