School and university administrations are worried about the increasing rate of vandalism, fights, soliciting, sexual assaults, trespassing, and all kind of violent activities in schools and universities. The immediate need to control such kind of menacing acts has increased CCTV installations in schools and universities.
The installation of CCTV discourages theft, property damage and prevents trespassers from entering the school or university premises.
Benefits of using CCTV in schools and universities
CCTV systems are of great benefit for schools and universities. They helps the school and university officials to monitor the activities of students and visitors easily. In today’s time, installation of CCTV system in schools and universities is increasing rapidly to increase the safety and security of students. Besides safety, other benefits that the systems offer are:
- Installation of CCTV ensures that rules and regulations are followed and discipline is maintained properly.
- They help in controlling crime and finding evidences in case of any wrongful incident. Video surveillance helps to reduce incidents of harassment or any other nuisance within campus.
- They discourage the wrongdoers, vandals, and trespassers to encourage any unlawful activity.
- CCTV preventing any kind of misconduct or mishap in the school premises and creates a conducive environment by enhancing security.
- Police can monitor schools remotely with digital video technology. Surveillance footage can be used for strong evidence, if the need arises.
Things to remember while installing CCTV systems in schools and universities
School and university administration need to analyze the surveillance areas where the CCTV systems should be installed. All the pivotal points like entrances, stairwells, cafeterias, computer rooms, libraries, parking lots, etc. should be monitored through cameras. It should also be installed on exterior boundaries of the campus to avoid any kind of trespassing. The system with features like pan, tilt, zoom and night vision, waterproof and weatherproof coverings should be implemented to ensure 24×7 surveillance.